The competiton has officially started! We have our contestants and our judges so we're all set to go. This will act as the official competition page. As a refresher, here are the rules of the competition:
1. You may only post your submission ONCE and when that happens, the story will become locked so no further editing can be done. With that said, make sure your story has been done to the best of your abilities.
2. Your story must be submitted by 12:00 AM Pacific Time (2:00 AM Central Time, 3:00 AM Atlantic Time) on May 1st, 2015. Any submissions beyond that point will NOT count.
3. To have your submission entered in the contest, you must post a link to your story as a comment on this page, which will then be added to the roster by me.
The judges are:
Those three people will read and review your stories and decide as a consensus on a winner. This lucky writer will have this as their awards:
1. A sense of accomplishment for winning the competition
2. An invitation to the SOG Wiki Skype Group
However, there is still more. The winner can take their writing skills to the next level and take on the Final Round Challenge. This would be a head-to-head write-off between myself and the winner of the competition. The two of us will have a shorter time limit to create the best story we can. However, the winner of the Mindfuck Competition will decide what theme the stories the two of us must write will center around and if the stories will be mindfucks or not. We will then have two weeks to complete them starting from the initial challenge sent by the winner. The same judges will decide who wins and if the challenger wins, their story will be read on my personal YouTube channel for the world to see.
I can be used as a resource to help guide those new to mindfucks in the right direction. However, I won't proofread or review. It will be up to you to decide what topic to tackle for your mindfuck and how you'll make everything unexpected.
Here is the list of our contestants and their stories:
Pherexial: TO BE POSTED
Shaji52: TO BE POSTED
SimplyOddest: TO BE POSTED
I love scary stories: TO BE POSTED
ShinyLugia99: My Experience with Education
FlakyPorcupine: TO BE POSTED
Sifenchar 2.0: Crystal Caverns
Rev the dragon master - Siren
Selto854 - Purple
Mr.1up-Mushroom - The Battle of Flight
I wish all of you the best of luck! Make sure to read the rules carefully and make your story submission count. I anxiously await your submissions.